Bhutan is Expensive in a Really Weird Way
So Why Visit Bhutan With Only One Visa Type?
The brain-storm behind this extra-ordinary tourist visa is: fewer tourists and a quality visit approach. As one of the least populated countries in South Asia Bhutan only has a population of around 700 to 750,00. Less people means less pollution and more of the green earth we all desire.
Need More Reasons?
- Seventy percent of this country is still forests.
- Bhutan consumes more carbon that it emits.
- It is considered the happiest country in the world.
- A historical Buddhist Heritage.
- Super colorful festivals. The Tsechu Festival is the most popular and lasts for fifteen days.
- Located in the Alpine Himalayan Mountains that reach an unbelievable 23,000 feet.
- It is the only remaining Himalayan Kingdom.
Some of the Historical Temples and Monasteries.
- Cheri Monastery: built in 1620
- Tiger’s Nest or Paro Taktsang: perched on the side of a 10,000 foot cliff.
- Tango Monastery. Dating back to 1688 built on the top of a cave.
- Punakha Dzong: this is one of the oldest and largest monasteries dating back to 1637
- Chimi Lhakhang: temple of the Divine Madman
- Tashichho Dzong: this temple is housed by the government heads.
A Spiritual Journey or Historical Holiday
Whether it is simply a stunningly beautiful holiday with cultural significance, or a Buddhist spiritual journey your seeking, Bhutan certainly should be on your list of places in South Asia to see. Yeah, I know the visa rules are strange; however, it is well worth it, you will be pleased you did. Book your accommodations here on AsiaRoom.
AsiaRoom.com is a professional hotel and home hosting booking service. A 17 year old company that has re-invented itself and modernized the system to meet today traveler needs. Become a member today to compare our rates against other sites. We charge $0 for home hosting and low commission for hotels.
New property owners click here Extranet
If your property would like to contribute and feature in our blog, please send us an email with subject "Request host blog". Thank you.